The Federation of International Cable TV and Telecommunications Association of the Philippines or FICTAP is one of the many partylist vying for a seat or seats in the congress in the upcoming election.
FICTAP is lone proponent that aims to the advancement and improvement of free public WiFi in the country, fast internet connection, and the rights concerning the issues in internet, ICT, VAS, Telecommunications, Cable TV, Broadcast and Media.
FICTAP first nominee Estrellita “Neng” Juliano-Tamano, MBA from Cotabato, emphasizes the importance of their advocacy and platform.
Once elected, FICTP promises to give priority to the following:
- Improved Free Public WiFi Act which aims to make Free WiFi available in the country.
- Cellphone Users Act, which aims to give benefits and protection for all cellphone users.
- Custom SIM Card Act, to have a customize SIM card for Senior Citizens, OFW, Student, Teachers and Mothers for discount and other privileges. But this is optional concerning with the data privacy law.
- Online Sellers, Buyers & Freelancers Act, which target to strengthen and to widen the e-commerce industry in the country and to provide jobs for Pinoys.
- Anti-Catfish Law, aims to address the problem with posers online with bad intentions.
If you are leaning on FICTAP solution, look for FICTAP Partylist #117 in the election ballots.